Bobsled update #2

Bobsled Update #2

    Hey gang here is the bobsled update for this week!! Major things have happened and I'm not sure at this time if I will be going to Canada or not!! :-( The organizers were not expecting such a huge turn out from the United states and have stated that they do not have enough sleds to accommodate all the athletes and have limited each country to three sliders each in amputees and parabob. We had ten athletes that have registered from the United States, four amputees and six paras, and they are only going to accept three amputee sliders and three parabob drivers, which I am. That means one person from the amputees won't get to go and three people from the parabob's won't get to go! Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions!! I spent money on getting my passport, registering for the USABSA, and have used part of my sponsor money to do so. I will be so let down if I'm not able to go and have done everything I have done to prepare. I just hope my supporters will understand. If I don't get to go my contingency plan is to offer refunds to all that have donated, if they don't want me to refund their money I hope they would let me use the money to sponsor me to bowl in the Las Vegas Invitational Wheelchair Bowling Tournament in December. Of course I would rather slide for our country in Canada but if not that's what I hope to do. I can't thank you enough for all your support and encouragement on this journey and we will just see what fate has in store for me! The selection committee is meeting tonight and I'm supposed to find out soon and will let you know as soon as I do. :-(
Ken   

No comments:

Post a Comment