Hiatus for writers block is over!!

 
Oh man did I have it bad!!!
 
 
    Sorry gang had to take a hiatus from writing as I had writers block bad!!! Not that the blog was blocked but I'm trying to finish my book and just couldn't get the write attitude to just get into it! In my first book "Choose a Lane" I talk about ruts and he we get into them and how we sometimes can't get out of them. I'm a self admitted procrastinator and I suck at starting things and not finishing them. I think my book will be really well read but I'm just trying to be too much of a perfectionist. My first book I wrote in about two weeks and it came so easy as it was about me and my life. The book I'm writing now deals with me but also so many others and trying to get the format down the way I want it has been very trying. Tiffany Berg helped me ghost write the first book and I have to thank her once again cause it was a phone call from her on Thursday that made me get out of my rut. A rut is defined as a a fixed or boring routine or a way of life becoming uninterested or tiresome. and that was me to a T! It is usually not changed unless a life changing event or change in thinking happens. Well luckily is wasn't a life changing event but just a different way of thinking about things thanks to my wife Vickie and Tiffany. I spoke to Vickie this weekend about my book and she helped me get over my writers block! She has always been behind me supporting me and looked at what I had written and gave her opinion of what I had written. And no it was not "oh it's so good and I love every word!" No it was more of a critique with good points, bad points, suggestions, and critical words which I really needed to hear. So I'm back!!! Hope to blog more and finish the book soon!!
      Since I have not blogged in a while just to update you on my competition with the Grantman he has completely blown me away the past two weeks in bowling! The previous week he shot games of 157 119 166 for a 442 series to my 146 132 144 for a 422 and last week he shot 127 146 162 for a 435 to my lousy 112 123 132 for a 367. So the Grantman gets bragging rights for the rest of the year as our leagues have ended for the season and we are taking a break for the summer!! 
     Again I apologize for not blogging but hope to be better at it and completing what I start!! Thanks for all the loyal readers of the Choose a lane blog and thanks for all your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment