Speaking is a roller coaster!!


Speaking can be such a roller coaster!!

   When I'm speaking it is such a rush to share my message with the audience. To show hope, inspire and motivate people who sometimes have lost their direction. We all get stuck in ruts and sometimes we don't even realize it until something jolts us out of it! It could be a slap in the face or like a baseball bat to the head but whatever it is, it might just cause change. We all need a different perspective or another set of eyes to see that your heading down the wrong road.
   Each time I get a call to be invited to come speak I get excited to share my message. And when I do get called it seems like there are calls just about every other day inquiring about my topics, my message, and availability. And then ........ nothing, no calls, no possible speaking events, not even a church group to share my message with. : - ) But I have learned not to take it personal as it comes in waves. I used to surf when I was younger and can remember waiting for what seemed like hours for the waves to pick up, and when they did, Kowabonga it was such a blast. Well I have taken my old surfing days to heart and realize speaking comes in waves and I just have to be patient and go with the flow. But I love the ride I have been on and love to hear the comments and meet the incredible people I have met along the way. It's been fun and I would like to do it as much as I can, which is hard with a full time job. I can't make calls while I'm at work and could really use an booking agent of publicist so if you know of anyone, let me know!! : - ) But I have really enjoyed speaking and find it's becoming easier each time I do it, not sure where it will take me but I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts! If you know of a group that would like to hear my story or invite me to speak give me a call or email me and lets see what we can arrange!!
   On the bowling side this week I once again got beat by the Grantman!! The man is relentless! I had games of 110 132 115 for a 357 set to his 145 145 113 for a 403 set! So bragging rights go to the Grantman again this week!!
  Bobsled update. We have completed this season and I'm planning on racing again next year with the Park City Adaptive Bobsled Team. Will be working out a lot more this summer with handcycling and lifting weights, so we'll see where that takes me as well!
  Sorry I haven't been blogging that much, I have a lot on my plate, but will try my best to be better!! Thanks for reading my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment