Wheelchair bowling had some tough weeks!

 
What the heck is going on????
 
 
     Well as most of you know I have had an ongoing competition with my buddy Grant Beuhler aka "The Grantman". Usually I'm pretty competitive with him and give him a run for his money each week, but the Grantman has been in the zone here lately!! Grant has been bowling good and even bowled a 230 something game a few weeks back! Me on the other hand its hit and miss pardon the pun but whenever it seems I get something going I suffer from a brain fart and completely forget what the heck I'm doing!! :-) And you don't have to tell me I know what it is, PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE which I have not been doing! In anything you do it takes practice, commitment, and dedication, all of which I have not put into my game! Call it laziness, getting old, non-focus, or just lack of motivation, whatever it is I have not been into my game. Whenever I ran into this when I was on the tour I would throw myself into practice, sign up for tournaments, and bowl any pot game I could get into. So I'm not sure what's going on people maybe I'm just a little burnt out on bowling and ready for the summer break. I plan to do a lot of handcycling this summer and get my upper body back into shape and maybe even get back into the weight room and yes even practice! So my goal is to increase my ball speed for the next year and plan to be ready to bowl in the Las Vegas open wheelchair bowling tournament in December and maybe even the ABC or Wheelchair Nationals next year. That is if the Grantman will have me as a doubles partner! Either way that's my goal! This week in competition the Grantman shot games of 149 145 146 for a 440 set and I shot 121 147 160 for a 428. Close but no cigar said the carnival worker!! So the Grantman has bragging rights once again this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment