Bobsledding update!

Bobsled update!!


     I know I haven't blogged to update you in a while cause I've had to make some decisions about my continuation of the bobsled experience. First of all I have to thank Matt Bailey and Dave Nichols for giving me the chance to try something I never thought I would ever do! It was amazing exhilarating and nerve wracking all bundled up in one!! Dave Nichols is an amazing bobsled driver and I really feel that bobsledding will go into the 2018 Paralympics by all that he is doing to get it included. Our competition in Park City showed we can be competitive, safe, and showed the world we can do it. With that being said I have decided that I cannot continue with the bobsled team due to the fact that there would be a lot of travel needed, time to practice, time needed to take of from work, not to include the costs to travel and hotel stay and entry fees. Yes we can get sponsors but I have been down that road before on asking for sponsorship for my bowling. Its not an easy task and frankly I just don't have it in me to ask friends and family to help me pursue this dream. Cause this is not my dream. I know I know I will hear a lot of you tell me I'm crazy for not going after it after coming in first at Park City but its a spot I would be taking where someone else, (younger with not to many responsibilities), could be, and be able to practice for the 2018 Olympics. It was an honor to be able to compete in a bobsled as a pilot and believe me I have a lot of respect for the Olympic bobsledders with the G forces they must endure. But I have the most respect for Dave Nichols who is an incomplete quadriplegic for his ability to pilot the sled from the top of the track! I know I have blogged before with a blog similar to this one but I had not fully decided that I was not going to do it anymore. It was fun, I did it, I did good, I can't believe I won, but its not what I want to pursue anymore. Thanks for all the support you all have given me on this journey and all the very kind and inspirational comments you have said. It was an experience I will never forget!!!!
    Switching gears in bowling this week I got beat again by the Grantman as I bowled 147 124 103 for a 374 to his 154 118 164 for a 436! See maybe I just need to concentrate on one sport and keep my head in the game!! Thanks for reading my blog and tell your friends to follow me!! Later gang!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment