United States Adaptive Bobsled Team member!!!!!

 
Excited to be able to try!!
 
 
                  It all started with a call from a buddy Matt Bailey! Matt got a call to come up to Park City to try out for the United States Adaptive Bobsled Team. Matt knew I lived in Utah and spoke with the directors and they were looking for volunteers to do some bobsledding  with the hopes of getting it to be an official Paralympic sport! Matt called me immediately and asked me if I wanted to try out? I said Matt.......you know I'm 49 years young don't you? And he said, "yep and that's why I knew you would do it cause your almost as crazy as me and I'm 54!!" (I'm not close to being as crazy as Pinky the wildman Bailey!) He's also planning to do the Skeleton this coming week as well!! We go to school on Monday the 20th and then we slide Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday, then race for medals on Saturday!!!!! Just to have a chance to possibly put this sport into the Paralympics and being a member of the pioneer team is such an honor!!! Speeds of around 70 miles an hour in a rocket going down an icy track does seem scary but I'm up for the challenge!! Since being in the chair I have gotten to do some really fun things and this will be at the top of the list! Dave Nicholls is the man that made that phone call to Matt and Dave himself is a quadriplegic who has piloted one of these bobsleds down the track! Dave is eager to get the the U.S. Adaptive Paralympic Bobsled Team into the 2018 Paralympics and with his drive and determination it will happen! I'm just proud and honored to be asked to help with this incredible endeavor and hope I'm able to fulfill his dream of getting the Adaptive Bobsled Team into the 2018 Paralympics! Wish me luck gang!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Right on, dude! This is frickin awesome. When you're famous, remember us (the little people).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha mike your the famous one!! I have the guts to do it just hope I get the technique down to do it right and be competitive!! It's funny I have a lot of views on my blog just never get that many comments. Oh we'll at least they are reading it!!

    ReplyDelete