Could it possibly be Won and done???


Could it possibly be Won and done???
 
 
        Many of you who follow my blog know I was a professional bowler before my car accident in 1990. I have actually been in the spotlight, (Not on TV) but I have won tournaments and been at the top of the heap so to say. I have also realized in an unkind way that I am unfortunately getting older. Yes the "Silver Flash" might have seen his Bobsled career peak already. I'm 49 years old and still have a lot of get up and go in me but I don't feel the desire to be the best Bobsled driver there is. What I do feel is I'm a bowler and a motivational speaker and that is what I need to concentrate on. Who knows maybe I just got lucky and hit the turns at the right place to bring home first, but I can tell you this, it was a blast and an experience I'll never forget!! I now have a new sense of total awe to the men and women who go down the ice in, skeleton, and two and four man bobsleds. They are amazing and in my opinion brave to want to do it competitively knowing they could be seriously hurt. To my new friends and bobsled teammates maybe I haven't quit just yet it depends if the love for bobsledding is growing in my blood. But we set out with a goal in mind to get notice that we can be competitive in bobsledding and we can do it safely. Hopefully the Paralympics has seen and taken note of our accomplishments and will consider including it in the 2018 Paralympic Winter Games. I was proud to have been asked to compete in the exhibition and feel I exceeded my expectations and showed there's still a little bite in this old dog!!
      I plan to blog every Wednesday night and either Saturday or Sunday every week from now on. I had some people say they enjoyed reading my blog but just were never sure when I would do a new blog. So now you can hold my feet to the fire! Might not feel it because I'm paralyzed but I'll smell something burning at least.  :-) And for those wondering about my competition with the Grantman Grant Buehler, it's still on and he has bragging rights this week as he beat me with games of 128 127 and 179 for a 434 to my pathetic 125 120 126 for a 371. Well that all for now please comment and tell your friends about the blog so I can get more followers!!       

No comments:

Post a Comment