Bobsled Update!!


Bobsled Update!!

    Well gang as most of you know I have returned from my Bobsled adventure somewhat amazed and surprised!! It was an awesome adventure and I met so many new great friends!! I have to say I had one goal in mind for this week and that was not to crash and try to do the best I could. Well not only did I do that but I came home victorious!!!! Yes I not only survived this week but I took first place in the USABSA Adaptive Bobsled Race in Park City!! I had nine other competitors all of which did very well as no one wrecked!! I have to tell you it is the most exhilarating and intense rush I have ever experienced!! I owe A BIG THANKS, to Dave Nicholls, Twila Victory, and Matt Bailey for giving me the opportunity to help get notice that the disabled can race in bobsleds and be very competitive. Not to brag, well yes I think it is, but me and the most incredible brakeman Gina Beredino Kothe were the only team that topped 60 miles and hour for their run with a run of 60.2 miles an hour!!! We had four or five of our competitors that continued on to Calgary Canada and I wish them all the luck in the world as they represent our country in the bobsled competition up there!! To my new friends I hope we can keep the Adaptive Bobsled team we have become together and make it an official Paralympic event!! Thanks for your camaraderie and friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment