X-ray

   


            X-rays I have had plenty!! Here is an X-ray picture of the Harrington rods, screws and clamps that are now in my body keeping my spinal column straight. They don't hurt fortunately, as I have heard horror stories of excruciating pain coming from these rods. In 1990 the rods were placed where my spinal cord had been injured in the mid chest area around the T 4 T5 area of the spinal column. My spinal cord wasn't severed, but the bruising damage that had been done to it caused paralysis in the upper chest area down. When I move and twist my back, I sometimes get a screw or clamp caught on a muscle that sends very sharp pain to my neck area where I can feel and it doesn't feel good!!  For many people scoliosis is a problem that can either be corrected or maintained from further progression with these rods. The rods help with your posture and create a level field of view by straightening your back. The only problem is I'm no good for airline security scanners as it sets off the alarms with all the hardware in my body now!!  But its not all bad though at the airline gates if its a pretty woman doing the TSA pat down. It's the ugly and male ones I have problems with!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment