Youth

   

    Youth of our lifetime in chairs!! What will they become, what will they do? The future is wide open for them whether they know it or not. Twenty years ago the possibilities for them was pretty narrow and almost non-existent. Now it is almost an everyday occurrence that you see someone in a wheelchair wheeling through the parking lot coming from their car, or working in the work field, acting on TV or even running a multi-million dollar corporation. Yes the wheelies or rolling workers are becoming mainstream and its because of our youth. They sometimes are born with a disability causing them to use a wheelchair from the day they have learned to push in a chair. They are the future and the possibilities are endless. So if you have a child or know of a family with a young one in a wheelchair, make a mental note of who they are because one day they might just be famous and you can say, "yeah I knew him when he was just a kid!". I love speaking to groups and seeing youth in wheelchairs in the audience, cause I know they are listening to my message that they can be whatever they want to be, it just takes the right attitude and will to complete a goal. I love letting them see they I had lost everything that meant anything to me but that through perseverance and determination, I proved to myself I can make a better life, and that they can too!! It's the youth that we need to encourage because they will be part of our legacy!!!

1 comment: